Saturday, March 17, 2012

Communication and Culture

As I encounter the different cultural diversity among my colleagues, family and neighbors, I find that I communicate with others the same regardless of the their background or what group they belong too.  If any communication is different, I would say it is in the way I speak to someone who speaks a different language  and they do not understand.  I also try to listen more intensely to people from others countries so that I be able to get a better understanding of how they are as well as help to meet their needs.

One strategy I would used to help me communicate more effectively, is to take time to learn about the customs and cultures of others. The more I know about others, the more effective I will become.  Another strategy I would use is learn all aspects of effective communication and learn how to utilize it so that I will be able to become an effective communicator.  I would also continue to help children and families become comfortable enough with who they are and with their own cultures and beliefs to share their experiences with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment