Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Using Social Media to Get Connected"

My experience with social media consists of a facebook page and a blog that I  use for class.  I read a lot of posts by others on facebook, but I rarely post anything myself unless it is wishing someone a happy birthday or liking a comment or picture that someone posted.

Social media tools that are effective for advocacy are the ability to post links, pictures and other information on a media page in order for others to see.  I would use these tools to educate and inspire others by posting encouraging stories and quotes and by providing information that will be valuable to those with an interested in areas that concern children and families and improving the quality of services to them.

Some of peoplehave suggested that I create a twitter account in order to reach more people.







2 comments:

  1. Wanda,
    Your social media experience sounds like mine. My thought process on this is I don't need lots of folks in my business. But, I realized that social media is playing a great role in several situations. I think I will get a twitter account because I notice most of the nonprofit organizations have one and I would like to follow them as they advocate for children and families. Maybe when you open your twitter account we can follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wanda,
    I find it interesting how much I do not know about the use of the social media and networking. I think this is mostly due to the fact that the only one that interest me is the Facebook page. However I have yet to pursue this interest. I have experienced some blogging for my Walden studies and I can honestly say that I do not like blogging.

    ReplyDelete