Saturday, February 25, 2012

Professionals Hopes and Goals

The hope that I have when I think about working with children and families that come from diverse backgrounds is that they are all treated fairly and with respect regardless of their backgrounds.  I want to see children and families prosper especially when it comes to education, therefore, I hope that they will have equal oportunities to learn and grow.

One goal that I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity and social justice is to establish education and training for all early childhood educators that will help them to serve children and families from diverse backgrounds more thoroughly.  The training needs to address recognizing and accepting personal bias that will allow educators to provide children and families with services that meets and exceeds what is required.

As always, it has beeen a true pleasure learning and sharing with everyone in the class. I wish you all an abundance of success in your future courses and in your professional choices.

3 comments:

  1. Wanda I think your goals is just what we need in educator compassion and some one who want things that will help children and families grow thanks for sharing and good luck in your future it has been a pleasure working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda,

    Your professional goal correlates with the goals that I have. Professional Development training that adresses diversity, culture, and social justice is necessary for teachers in the field. I also agree with you regarding content and value. Thanks for shaing, and I wish you the best next sememster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda,

    I have set a goal for professional development training to adress diversity, culture, and social justice. I believe that it is nessarey for all teachers and the school staff to go through this trainning. i wish you the best and i hope to have you in another class.

    ReplyDelete