Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Family Culture

The three items I would choose are family pictures, an ipod, and a notebook.

The pictures will represent the memories of family events and celebrations of my culture.  The ipod will represent the various music of my culture because it often tells stories, especially the gospel music. Gospel music ministers to me at all times, even when I am not in church or have access to a bible and it will be a constant reminder of my faith.   The note pad because I want to be able to write down as much as I can about my culture so that there will be a record of my culture to pass on to my children.

If I have to give up one thing, I would be hurt and sad about having to give it up, but I would make sure I teach my children about our culture and tell them stories so that they will always carry that with them in their heart.

This exercise has made me really think about what I  would take with me if I was put into this position.  It has reminded me of how important it is to make sure my children are aware of their cultural surroundings and that we all create great memories in our lives that will remain with us forever.

5 comments:

  1. I think all of those are great to take with you becuse you can do what you like to do best that is to gain further knowledge and keep your faith thanks for sharing I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda,

    I agree with you that it is important to share our culture with our children and like you I have carried it on and will carrie it on with my grandchildren when I get some.
    Thank You for sharing.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too agree that it is important to pass on our cultures and traditions to our children. For them to know who they are they need to know where they came from. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://wanda1612.blogspot.com/

    Wanda – You choose many great items to carry on our culture. The ipod is a great idea so your children can listen and learn the music of your culture. The pictures would also be a great way to remember and to tell stories of your culture. The notebook is a great way to remember stories and to remind yourself of your past!

    ReplyDelete