Sunday, May 18, 2014

Personal Advocacy Reflection

I remember being a Head Start student and having the two best teachers in the world.   As a child, I learned alot from these teachers, and I loved them dearly.  I always considered my time at Head Start as the best educational experience ever.  
In 1994, I went to work for Head Start as a Teacher, and those same two women were still working for Head Start.  They were serving in other roles for the program, but still had the same devotion and dedication.  I have always been inspired by their years of working with young children and being advocates, not only for Head Start, but for young children everywhere.  Over the years, I've strived to be just as good of a teacher for the children in my class as these women where to me.  I wanted to impact the children that I was teaching the way that my teachers impacted me.   Their impact made me realized the passion I have for educating and advocating for children.   I hope in my time as an educator, I have (will) inspire other children as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment