Saturday, April 16, 2011

Code of Ethics

Professional Development and Preparation
This has always been part of my professional life in that I have always participated in all opportunities to further my education and experience in the early childhood field. Along with my current program of study, I've participated in several additional early childhood classes, workshops, and conferences.  I feel that in order to be an effective educator and advocate, I have to take advantage of every learning opportunity available so that I can provide quality services to children and families.

Ethical Responsibilities to Colleagues
My relationships with my colleagues have always been important to me.  I value my all teachers, assistants and other staff, and I try to always remember to say "thank you."  I never ask them to do anything I wouldn't do, and I encourage them to continue to learn and grow in their professional goals. I make it a rule to maintain a supportive, trusting bond with them that goes beyond working together.

Ethical Responsibilities to Families
I always try to make my families feel welcome and a part of the learning experience for their child.  I maintain open communication through newsletters, phone calls and face to face conversations.  I offer suggestions and ideas to help their child continue to grow and learn at home, as well as, suggestions and ideas that I can use at school.  I welcome any any all opportunities to achieve the common goal of educating the child.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Wanda!,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NAEYC's statement of committment. As a parent I can appreciate your efforts of including parents in the learning process as well as maintaining open communication. What parent wouldn't appreciate someone who goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that their parents are engaged. I also agree with you about staying connected with conferences and workshops in order to provide the most current information. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these responsibilities. They are very important roles for us. They require for us to be proactive. Thank you for sharing with us how to be proactive. I know that yours colleagues are blessed to work with you. Communication between colleagues and families is crucial! Thank you for reminding us of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words of encouragement and thanks break down walls and connect staff members beyond the classroom. This is a vital lesson for us all. Thank you for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda -
    What great words of wisdom. It always nice to hear the simple words "THANK YOU." By simply remembering were you have come from both professionally and personally, and that others are potentially going through the same things you did. Thank you for reminding us how a little support and appreciation can go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda,

    It has been a pleasure getting to know you throughout the course. Your contributions and insight have been valuable. I wish you success in your future endeavors, and I hope to connect with you in future courses. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting your picture on your blog. I am going to change my picture this week. I left my kindergarten picture on my blog throughout the whole course without considering how I was limiting personal connections between myself and classmates. It was a joy to see your smile each time I read your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete