Friday, October 25, 2013

When I Reflect About My Collegial, Professional Learning Community

Being a part of a professional learning community has contributed to my professional growth and accomplishments by creating an environment for me that allowed me learn and develop along with others who share the same passion for educating young children as I do.  It has also allowed me opportunities to share in the experiences of my colleagues and learn new things that have provided me with valuable insight into various aspects of the early childhood field.  I've had the chance to learn more about changes and challenge that occurring in the early childhood field by collaborative efforts of my professional learning community and their dedication and commitment to becoming better advocates of early education.

It has also been a rewarding experience being able to relate to others who understand how important early education is and how important our roles as educators and advocates are to ensuring that young children are given a fair opportunity to grow and learn in a healthy, creative environment that will have a lasting impact on them.
One goal I hope to accomplish is to expand my knowledge of the different types of special needs presented by my colleagues, as well as, other special needs that affect the lives of young children and families daily.  I also want to increase my knowledge of the current services that are available to these families and what additional services are needed.

2 comments:

  1. It is always nice to learn from colleagues and share new information. Learning about special education is wonderful thing for all educator. The more knowledge we have, the better we can help children. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to increase my knowledge of the services available for children with special needs. We don't always think about the challenges that they and their families face unless we either know a child with special needs personally or deal with them in our class. It is important that we do all we can to make sure they have access to whatever they need that will make their life and educational experience better.

    ReplyDelete