Thursday, October 27, 2011

Final Blog Assignment

CONSEQUENCES:

1)Learning about the the international early childhood field has expanded my knowledge of the field on a broader level.  I learned that internationally, programs encounter the same type of funding, accessibility and awareness issues that occur here in the United States. I have also learned that the ultimate goal is the same and that is to provide children with a quality education and support families in there efforts to succeed.
2)Learning about the international contacts has helped me to establish new resources and professional contacts that I will be able to utilize throughout my educational process, as well as, my professional career.
3)Learning through my colleagues about the various places they chose has been a rewarding experience.  It has accelerated the learning process for me by giving me an opportunity to learn about more early childhood programs that I may not have had the opportunity to research as quickly own my own.

GOAL:
My goal is to maintain my awareness of issues and trends on the international level and share ideas for improving education and advocacy efforts for all children and families.  I plan to continue to learn and grow through the resources and other information shared with me by my colleagues, and hopefully, continue to build new relationships that will be a valuable part of my continuous learning.

3 comments:

  1. Your goal and mine were very similar in that we want to stay informed of issues internationally. It is my hope that this remains important to us throughout our careers as it will become difficult to do. As always, thank you for your posts, Wanda. Best of luck in your future courses and professional endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda,

    I also noticed similarities between the United States and other countries. As much as we'd believe that we're different or that hip vacation spots (France, Italy) do not experience difficulties with early childhood, it just isn't so. We have similar goals and need to work together on them all. Thanks for a great post!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda,
    I am definitely aware of issues affecting children and families in the United states from reading everyone's blog which would have taken much of my time but like you mentioned it didn't take much time.
    I wish you the best in your future courses.

    ReplyDelete