Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week 1 assignment

I use the Global Alliance of NAEYC to send emails to Haiti, Spain, South Africa, and Philippines.  So far, I have not received any responses, but I plan to send a few more emails to some of the others before I decide to do the alternate assignment. (if they are anything like me, it will take a minute to get a reponse.)  I hope to hear back from some of the contacts because it will be interesting to learn about programs outside the US.

The early childhood organization I decided to study is the National Head Start Association.  I started teaching pre-school at Head Start, and I was also a head start student.  I've seen a lot of good things from the organization, and I look forward to staying informed about how Head Start is continuing to serve children and families.

I'm looking forward to learning about some of the other places through others.

3 comments:

  1. I almost chose Head Start because it is one early childhood program with which I am unfamiliar. I'm glad you chose it because now I can keep up with your blog and your updates on the site. I thank you in advance for the information you will provide. I hope that you will not think I am drilling you if I ask you questions about it. My inquiries will be from general curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you - I really hope that my contacts get back to me because I feel like this experience could really be an awesome one. I look forward to hearing about everyone else's contacts as well. Additionally, I am excited to hear more about Head Start, as well as your experiences with them. I have not had too much experience with the program, but I have heard so many praises and am very much so behind the idea of helping children in poverty. Thanks for the post, Wanda, and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wanda,

    Glad to be in class with you once again!! I too am awaiting a response from my contact, I think that this will be a great way to gain a global perspective of early childhood education, and to also learn how these organizations are influencing policies. Best wishes this semester. Take care.

    ReplyDelete